1. iCloud Restore
You have just bought a new iPhone 8, but you would like to transfer your contacts, photos and more….
You realise you now need to complete an iCloud restore as you had iCloud backed up your previous device.
- Follow the steps that your phone will ask you to do when getting a new phone until you reach the ‘Apps and Data’ screen. On which you will be given multiple choice question, on which you must select ‘restore from iCloud backup’
- You will then be asked to sign into iCloud.
- Followed by options as to which backup you would like it to use. Using the dates and sizes select. Once you have chosen it will begin the back up. During which you must keep the device connected to a wifi network.
2. iTunes Restore
If you have backed your iPhone up using iTunes, don’t fret, I haven’t forgotten about you 🙂
- Open iTunes on the computer/laptop you have used to back it up on
- Connect your new iPhone to this computer/laptop using a usb cord- you may be asked to put in your password to ‘trust’ previously mentioned computer/laptop
- The device should then appear on the iTunes you have previously opened
- The next step is to select ‘restore Backup’
- Ensure it is restoring to the right backup using the date as a reference
- Finally simply select restore and let the magic commence, it may ask you to insert your password again for your encrypted backup
- Leave the device connected until the restore is fully complete the phone should then restart automatically.
Source link: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/ht204184#icloud