Many of us have experienced the ‘too hot’ sign on our iPhones, here are a few tips on how to bring the device temp down;
- Remove the case - I know this may be obvious but it really does have a great impact on decreasing the temp.
- Avoid leaving it in the car - cars get very hot as sunlight heats up the car through the windows.
- Similarly keep the phone out of the sun - direct sunlight can overheat the phone.
- Avoid any unnecessary usage - don’t play games etc.
- Turn off bluetooth - the bluetooth even though it is small does have some heat radiation.
- Turn off location services - again even though minor can have an effect.
- Avoid charging - until the phone has cooled down don’t attempt to charge it as charging increases temperature.
- Put it in a cool place - in extreme cases of overheating you may put your device in the fridge or freezer for a couple of minutes.
If your phone does regularly over heat it can be due to a faulty part, don't hesitate to bring your device into Gadget Rehab and our technicians will have a look to see if they can diagnose the issue. It can be due to many variables, e.g. battery servicing required etc.